Friday, June 6, 2014

What's the dirty dishes for....

Good morning from BeaverCleaverville!!! The MIC and I just finished another delicious breakfast and this one included toast with my new homemade jams! He couldn't decide which one was better, maybe if you the readers make them you could let us know which one you liked better??
As he rushed off for work I placed yet another load of dishes in the sink and groaned! Then I thought "why on Earth do I put myself through the work of all these extra dishes with these meals?!" I paused as I ran my Zotes bar under the water for the third time this morning (our hot water doesn't last long here) and it dawned on me.
At dinner, after the baby's in bed, yes I could slap everything onto one plate but instead I set the table fancy for the MIC and I. It gives us the feeling if being out in a restaurant alone, with peace and quiet after a long day. As the record spins we are able to whisper quietly to each other about our day and the sweet nothing's we have been longing to tell one another  all day long. We listen to the music and discuss memories from our childhood, about our families, our hopes, our dreams for the future, and we enjoy those simple things I referred to in an earlier post.
So back to me with my bar of Zotes under the water. I finish letting it suds up and realize....I don't mind the dishes all that much, the memories are worth a little scrubbing!
Forever stuck in the 50s
The Modern Lucy Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment