Monday, June 30, 2014

Vintage darling I missed you!!

Good afternoon from BeaverCleaverville!
Had to actually leave the house today. When you are on Coumadin you must get your blood checked regularly so off I popped to the lab, which means I must get dressed. Wow that was a process! I felt as if my body was stuck in wet cement but I did finally manage a simple skirt, sweater, and stylish hairdo! Unfortunately on Doxycycline you can NOT be in the sunlight for long (I call it the vampire drug) or else you will receive a nasty burn so I strolled out in a nice sweater to boot!
After the lab work I went to my local super for some groceries and a few other necessities before coming! I was absolutely shattered!! A quick Lyme update: due to the severity of my Herx reaction it was determined a change in meds was necessary, so I'll update you all on that as it happens.
While I was getting groceries I received such nice compliments once again on my vintage get up, made me feel good to be out and about even thought I was in pain. I have missed being dressed and done up!
I'm very excited about my current order on its way!! High waisted palazzo pants like the 40s!! If I have to be covered I'll darn well do it in style my dears!! I'll follow and take a page from the great Katharine Hepburn:
Hilariously enough her fashion was considered quite the scandal in her day. How dare a LADY wear MEN'S pants! But boy did she ever! Only hope mine look half as good on me!! I'll post photos as soon as they arrive!! Manage to snag them at a scream three pair for thirty dollars!!!!
Well dearies I'm off to attempt some housework before I'm completely done for the day!
Forever stuck in the 50s
The Modern Lucy Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment