Monday, June 2, 2014

The modern 50s housewife


So the shocker when most people meet me is, I own no modern clothes! They usually ask "where do you work? Or are you in a show?" I then start to explain that "no I'm not, this is my lifestyle choice and I'm happily 'stuck in the 50s'"

Ill admit when this first started....neither of us first knew where to start. It's not exactly a lifestyle you launch headlong into easily.
My journey began 8 years ago. I have come out of many BAD relationships and I just wanted to find an old fashioned man. One that could appreciate me and everything I had to offer as a woman, housewife, domestic goddess, and mother. I started researching and stumbled upon the book "fascinating womanhood" within its pages I began to discover how to reclaim my power by giving the man his back.
Flash forward
meeting Luke  has allowed my life to evolve into what you guys read today, this BeaverCleaverville.
It started with a couple dresses that he loved, I adored....and I made the comment "what If I dressed like this all the time? Would it embarrass you?" He simply said "no" and that was that. I started shopping and now I have no modern clothes and slowly our lives have taken on the 50s mindset. Then began the appliances. It began with the record player and him coming home to a warm meal, a cold drink, me in a dress, that player on...he felt spoiled I felt fulfilled, we were hooked! We wanted this! His words were "I've always dreamed of having this but always thought it was an art form long forgotten"
here is the IMPORTANT part of all this
I would NEVER do this if Luke  wasn't the epitome of the 50s gentlemen. Opening doors, pulling out chairs, romantic, sweet, decisive, a leader, a true man in charge, kind, supportive, and an excellent father to my two children (who aren't his biologically but he has stepped up anyways)
my vintage life isn't just the clothes, or the appliances, or the house, or the hair and makeup....it's our mind sets or love and how we view and respect each other. So call me crazy, or unempowered, a slave, dense, stupid, stuck, spinster, unemployed, or whatever else, but I call myself the luckiest woman on earth.... So thank you Luke!


Within this blog I hope to share our lifestyle, my insight, and why we choose to live this way with you. I truly hope you all enjoy.


Happily and blissfully
forever stuck in the 50s
The modern Lucy Ricardo


No comments:

Post a Comment