Sunday, June 22, 2014

Good old fashion cookout

Good evening from BeaverCleaverville!
I apologize for such a late post but today has been rather hectic. The MIC and I slept in late and ate some breakfast out. Then we shuffled out to the antique store with the baby where we picked up two gorgeous hats that I will posted about tomorrow!! While there an older woman stopped me asking if I worked at the local historical museum. I giggled and responded "no I dress like this every day" she smiled...paused and said "no really you can dress like this every day!" I polietley responded "promise I really do" and even the shop owner who has seen me tons agreed. She smiled complimented my dress and moved on.
Our little troop then went to a good old fashion family cook out. We had hot dogs and hamburgers (my roll was gluten free) and enjoyed the company while sitting outside. It was the good old fashion fu. That I think a lot of the world is letting slip by. We took the pontoon boat slowly around the lake continuing our chats and then even continued them over homemade desserts. I enjoyed watching my children play with their grandfather before the MIC and I had to run off to play rehearsal. The entire day reminded me of a lazy 50s weekend.
Such a beautiful day for it as well sunny and mild!!
I hope your weekends were as stress free and wonderful!!!
Forever stuck in the 50s
The Modern Lucy Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment