Monday, June 2, 2014

So it turns out I'm unemployed and didn't know it...

So before I start showing off my 50s house, clothes, appliances, and the like there is just something I HAVE to cover!!
^THIS!!! Is NOT what I do all day!! On a recent trip to a doctors office I was asked what my occupation Is. I proudly state I'm a housewife and full time mother. Without missing a beat the nurse replied "oh so you're unemployed." Can I tell you my jaw simply hit he floor. What did she think the baby screaming in the car seat next to me was.....furniture? Why yes of course I'm unemployed...please hurry up with this appointment so I can go home to Raoul,...he's waiting to rub my feet and...oh wait Jiminy Crickets that's not my life.
In my house I have a one year old, my fiancĂ©, one dog, and three cats....yeah I'm a little busy!! Plus when you are dealing with vintage appliances nothing goes as fast as it could. So I start at the crack of  dawn: (mind you the Man of the House does his best to help, but he MUST be out of the house on time)
530am alarm clock get up
Percolator goes on coffee boils
Make whatever breakfast is on the plan today (oh yes btw I'm gluten free he is not so two different breakfasts)
535am I have forgotten that the toaster works oh so fast...so round two!
545am the dog has now realized that we are up and whines to be let out...let him out, he promptly wants back in...as the three cats wind around my legs for breakfast.
6am breakfast is ready the Man of the House comes back in with the dog and SLAMs the door...
601am the baby is now awake
615am baby and MOH have had breakfast..I have had one bite
630am he has gone off to shave and I begin washing dishes to remember we don't have enough hot water for me to do that and him to shower
645am lecture about hot water and baby wants second breakfast (she's a good eater) I have not had mine
715am MOH heads out the door with a quick kiss as I wrestle one baby and a dog
It's finally "my time" and I still haven't had breakfast!!
Oh yeah I'm sooooo unemployed!!

So this is a friendly reminder...please be careful with words....they sting...you don't know what their life is like!
Forever stuck in the 50s
The modern Lucy Ricardo


No comments:

Post a Comment