Friday, June 6, 2014

Favorite Dinner Recipes

Hello dears from BeaverCleaverville!! it was a lovely morning as we sipped coffee once again from the demon coffee percolator. The gosh darn thing refused once again to make coffee until I finally said to the MIC "will you please just come inside because then this darn this will finally make coffee!" Wouldn't you know it, as soon as he walked in the house, the darn thing made coffee.......
we sat down to cereal and toast with homemade jam (neither of us could decide which is better... maybe I should PIF some and see which one you think is better....hmmmm) and discussed what we thought we should do for the weekend. Then he went off to straight shave for the fifth day in a row. I said "can I come watch"
was all I got back, but I finally wore him down and "back seat shaved" with him as he said lol. Once he left I did dishesqnd now I am to deliver as promised my recipe. But first I wanted to let you know a bit about the woman behind the recipe. My Grandma Sue. She was 83 when she passed away. She had been to all 7 continents, travelled the world, had just come back from a cruise where she had parasailed, was planning on going sky diving with me in a month, and was all around an amazing woman. She had a laugh that could brighten any day and food that could bring the most discerning tongue to the table. Most of the recipes and my recipes are variations or techniques I learned from this woman and she learned them from her mother. I truly hope you enjoy them.
Meatloaf (mine was Gluten Free)
Mix together
2 eggs
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon liquid mustard
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoon celery salt
2 cups gluten free oatmeal
2 lbs ground beef
mix well by hand (the old fashion way) add to greased loaf pan
cook 375 F 1 hour

Mashed Potatoes
dice up amount of russet potatoes desired (Leave on skin)
rinse and set in pot of water
boil until you can stab with knife
drain and place in mixing bowl
mash
add milk as needed
1/2 stick butter to 1 stick depending on amount of potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of sugar
blend until lumps are gone

Bake Green Beans
(I couldn't get MIC to eat green beans until I cooked them this way. Now he won't stop begging me to make these)
desired amount of FRESH green beans
diced up fresh baby carrots
diced up onion
1/4 cup olive oil
oregano
basil
garlic
salt
pepper
onion powder (all seasonings to taste)
blend all ingredients together in large bowl
set on cookie sheet
bake in 350 F oven 20 min flipping at 10 minute mark
I hope you enjoy all of these recipes. They really are delicious!!
Forever stuck in the 50s
 The Modern Lucy Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment