Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pictures in a locket

Good afternoon from BeaverCleaverville!
Yesterday I picked up an incredible haul from my church yard sale! I plan on posting the entire thing but one piece in particular struck me. It was a small locket.
I happen to know who the owner was and I know she was quite a classy lady. Inside was the amazing part:
Inside she had carefully cut out a photo of herself and her husband. I couldn't help but smile at her gorgeous hair style and his awesome uniform, but then I looked closer. I looked at how proudly he was smiling at who was taking the photo and I imagined that she was standing behind the camera. I thought if only these pictures could talk the stories they could tell. I had originally bought this locket with the intention of putting new photos in it, but I think I quite like the ones that are there now.....they remind me of a better time. When life was as simple as "say cheese" and true love was forever! These photos give me hope that one day someone can capture an imagine of me looking so happy. Today I proudly wear this necklace and remember the little things.
Forever stuck in the 50s
The Modern Lucy Ricardo 


No comments:

Post a Comment