Monday, June 2, 2014

My battle with vintage cookware


It's another B E Autiful day here in BeaverCleaverville!! Today started with my second attempt at my glass percolator: seen below


Now I thought I had mastered this space age wonder but low and behold it had a little fun with me this morning. 3 to 5 minutes....that's all it should take once boiling to make coffee....I was 15 minutes in no coffee. Now I was panicking! I had raved to the MOTH how great it would be to have vintage things, to have an old percolator......but now would have to say "hey honey remember how great dunkins is.....you should probably go there" almost I. Tears I call him into the kitchen "um honey" he walks in points at the stove and says "coffees ready" I turn to see a perfectly brewed pot and almost blow a fuse. Touché percolator this round goes to you.
round two: vintage appliance vs housewife
In this corner standing at five inches high we have the Pyrex pot



In this corner the housewife. Let's get ready to cook some quinoa!! Yeaaaaah so I've never ever made quinoa...and after tonight's debacle and quinoa soup...still haven't!   Man I have to work on figuring out these simple side dishes. I can cook a whole meal from scratch but the side dishes louse me up.
Oh well.... Que sera sera!!
Forever stuck in the 50s
The modern Lucy Ricardo


No comments:

Post a Comment