Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Homemade lemonade and my little "helper"

So here in BeaverCleaverville I tried to muster. I forced my way through half a sink full of dishes reached into the sink for lemonade and realized I had none. At this point my adorable baby girl CJ woke up and decided she needed breakfast, so I plopped her in her high chair with a Nutella waffle and went off to make some lemonade for us. I found a recipe so delicious I HAD to share with all you lovely people:

Ingredients
    For the Simple Syrup:
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • For the Strawberry Puree:
  • 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled (or 2 cups frozen, thawed)
  • 1 cup cold water
  • For the Lemonade:
  • zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 cup cold water
  • ice
  • lemon slices and sliced strawberries, optional
Instructions
  1. In a saucepan over high heat, mix together the water and the sugar. Cook until the sugar dissolves and it becomes a clear syrup. Remove from heat and set aside to cool while you do the next steps.
  2. Add the strawberries and the 1 cup cold water to a blender. Pulse until the mixture is pureed.
  3. To a half-gallon pitcher, add the lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 cup cold water, ice, and lemon and strawberry slices, if using. Stir in the strawberry puree and the simple syrup until well combined. Taste for sweetness and add more cold water if needed. Refrigerate to chill through or serve over ice.
This turned out wonderfully tangy and sweet and is currently chilling in my fridge. I then returned to my one year to find..
She was so gosh darn proud of herself lol!
Well I'm off to find her under that mess!
Forever stuck in the 50s
The modern Lucy Ricardo 

No comments:

Post a Comment