Thursday, June 12, 2014

Q&A

Good afternoon from BeaverCleaverville!
Many people ask me what on earth inspired me to make the flip to vintage, who inspires me now, who do I use as examples? So I thought I would do a Q&A here:

1) why dress vintage?
Why dress modern? Lol honestly I get this question a lot and the answer isn't a simple one. I could simply state "why not" but it's so much more than that. I enjoy the feeling of wearing the clothes. Yes the fashion of the 40s and 50s makes me HIGHLY over dressed in every situation but I always feel classy and it makes even the simplest moments feel extravagant (maybe those ladies of the day were on to something ey?) I enjoy wearing the dresses also because truth be told they make me look thinner! Lol they naturally give you an hour glass figure me who doesn't want that? Lastly when I go to a party I am almost guaranteed no one lose will gave the same dress as me! Lol

2) how did you get into the vintage hair and makeup? Is it that hard?
I get this question ALL the time!! During the Halloween season and for theater I am a special effects make up artist (my company white noise transformations is on Facebook). I adore the idea that make can be used to fully transform the face into anything you want yourself to be. I then stumbled upon a YouTube (YouTube is the Mecca of all video tutorials) user cherry dollface who specializes in vintage makeup and hair and I was hooked!! Is it hard? Like anything new it isn't easy, yes there are "cheats you can use but stick with it and now I could do victory rolls in my sleep!!

3) why the 40s and 50s?
Honestly this is a tougher question to answer. I looked at a lot of centuries. First off let's be honest, I don't think strolling into the local walmart dressed like scarlet Ohara and not get some really strange looks. Then I looked at the 20s and 30s and nothing really spoke to me.... Finally I just found the 40s and 50s and was sold! I love the fashion, the makeup, the hair...all of it!

4) is it hard to find clothes?
As I've approached in an earlier post it can be difficult but local thrift stores are my best friend!

5) what do strangers, your friends, or Family think of your fashion?
I find the senior generation really love my look while most just smile. My friends are sort of use to me and I think at this point the same goes for my family! Lol

6) you've mentioned having a record player, what records do you have?
The smothers brothers, victor Borge, the Beatles, les Paul & Mary ford , Andy Williams, Sarah Vaughan, guy Lombardo, Glenn miller, Jim nabors, and a few other classics!

7) who are your vintage influences?
Marilyn Monroe, Betty page, Lucille ball, Ditta Von Teese, Idda Van Munster

(Who apparently the MIC is convinced I look like)




Well I hope you have enjoyed getting to know me a bit better!
Forever stuck in the 50s
The Modern Lucy Ricardo 



No comments:

Post a Comment