Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Learning to trust....

Good afternoon from BeaverCleaverville!!
I am often asked when discussing our lifestyle "don't you worry about the finances, or the cars, or or or..." I have to admit the answer hasn't always come easily.
When we first made the change over I fully turned over the "manly duties" to the MIC and I refused to look back. I had to fully trust and for the first month it was horrible. I found myself in the mentality or my old life.....pacing, fretting over things that were no longer under my jurisdiction.
Finally one night I had a long time to sit and think. As the survivor of an extremely abusive relationship trust has never come easy, but I wasn't trusting with just my life. It was the lives of my children as well. After some time I had to remind myself that my MIC had never once yelled, sworn at, or even come close to hurting me in anyway, on the contrary he spent his days building me up! He would tell me "not to worry I've got this" and after giving myself a good talking to I decided to "let go and let God"
I knew the MIC had it and I fully trusted him with me and my children's well being. It's an odd feeling, but once you fully do it it's truly rewarding (in my opinion)! Learning to trust again hasn't been an easy road...but I'm so glad my MIC is walking it with me!
Forever stuck in the 50s
The Modern Lucy Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment