Thursday, June 5, 2014

The simpler things

There is nothing like a nice cold glass of lemonade after a long day of work to make it all worth it!
These are the simple things, that in this day and age, we simply seem to over look. Instead of the instant powder or buying it at the local chain I took the time to make it from scratch today. As I sit on my back porch sipping my glass, I think about the simple things that really make my "50s world go round".

Like this glass of lemonade, or watching my daughter enjoy her first sandwich made with my homemade jam. The look I know I'll get every time my MIC comes through the door from work to be greeted, first by Captain Kirk (the dog), then the baby girl, and finally by me, then his bigger smile when he realizes the entire meal is from scratch.
I think about the pride I took in canning each individual jar of jam today because I had worked hard for them. I had earned them. I think about the pride I take in hanging my laundry because I know I had ground the laundry soap myself and I'm happy.
Maybe this is why I enjoy living the 50s life so much, they had pride and had tapped into the "simple things" mindset that we have lost.
Forever stuck in the 50s
The Modern Lucy Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment