Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The jam goddess

Good morning from BeaverCleaverville!
When the notion to make homemade jams and jelly struck me I figured I would struggle through the first batch, end in failure, and give up! Instead I have successfully made raspberry, raspberry peach, and strawberry rhubarb jams and the MIC can not get enough, he is constantly asking me to try new recipes and find new favors to make or "did you make more 'insert favorite flavor'?"
Through my pain and illness of Lyme I am not able to do all the things I truly want to do but jam making is me of those hobbies I've managed to hold onto. It's relaxing and the smells it creates relaxes me. (ever smelled boiling fruit? Try it some day...you'll think you died and went to heaven)
On top of all this my family has gotten wind of my new talent and now I am the "jam goddess" it is now my sons favorite food. He wants "mommy jam" in the morning for breakfast and that makes me proud. My daughter loves a spoonful of mommy jam as a treat mid day right after I'm done making a fresh batch! The fat that people love my jam so much makes me so proud!
  • Today's jam recipe is a peach Bellini jam:
  • 4 pounds frozen peaches, defrosted
  • 1 cup decent quality champagne
  • 1 pound white sugar, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3 tablespoons juice from 1 to 2 lemons
  • 1/2 teaspoon butter
Sounds good no?
Well wish me luck!!!!
Forever stuck in the 50s
The modern Lucy Ricardo 

No comments:

Post a Comment