Friday, July 25, 2014

So I have a confession....

Good afternoon from BeaverCleaverville!
So I have this confession to make to you all.....I am addicted to really bad movies. You would think they would be easy enough to find in this great bid world of cinematic garbage but the MIC and I have gotten highly selective in the viewing of these "cinematic gems".
For me the love of bad movies started with a gem entitled "Death Becomes Her".
Trust me, as "great" as this cover looks, the movie is even worse. I spiraled on a hunt for bad movies even if they didn't mean to be. Another personal favorite is Dragonball Evolution:

Painfully this movie attempted to turn anime into a live action film, and let the hilarity in sue. This movie was bad, from start to finish, but hilarious to watch.
Then there are the classics of the bad movie aficionados:
SHARKNADO
Sharktopus
Two headed shark attack
Mega shark vs Mecha shark
Jersey shore shark attack
Sand sharks
These movies are delightfully aware of just how bad they truly are and don't go out of their way to 
hide it. We call them the "self aware" category because they are playing to the audience of movie goers like myself that just love a bad monster movie. 
Then there are the hidden gems. These cinematic hunks of garbage were never intended to be on the best worst ovine list but boy do they make a strong go of it:
Prisoners of a Lost Universe with such catchy lines as "Kleel's laws are hard, but just!".
Stanly which is about a Native American who befriends a rattlesnake, names him Stanly.....and trains him to kill on command. You can't even make that up its so bad!
And just so you don't think the vintage films have been skipped the 50s gave us some GEMS!!
This Island Earth
I Accuse My Parents
Monster on Campus
The Fly
Plan 9 from Outer Space I'm still slowly delving into the world of the truly bad film but I am so excited for July 30th:

SHARKNADO 2 aptly named "the second one" hits SyFy!! I'm extremely excited!
Well that's all for now! Go enjoy some movies!
Forever stuck in the 50s
The modern Lucy Ricardo 

No comments:

Post a Comment