Thursday, July 10, 2014

Take a moment

Good afternoon from BeaverCleaverville!
While out shopping today I was greeted by an elderly gentlemen. Naturally I was dressed "to the nines" as per the usual and he broke out into a huge grin. He stopped dead in his tracks and just stared at me. After a moment he finally spoke "forgive me for staring miss but gosh darn it if you don't look just like one of them sister singers from back when I was a kid!"
I smiled gently and added "You mean the Andrew Sisters?" He nodded "You must get a lot of gentlemen callers on a Friday  night!" he chuckled. I laughed "Well since the my boyfriend would prefer me to only see him, not so much anymore!" we both had a laugh. "I'm sure that broke a lot of hearts!" he laughed "Does my heart good to see a lady dressed like that again!" he smiled and with that he left.
I have to tell you if I wasn't already sold on my vintage apparel .... that moment did it! Having such a sweet gentlemen take a moment to make me feel beautiful for no other reason than he felt like it, made me feel very happy! I appreciate the little moments that my vintage clothing allows like that (as this has not been the first time I have been approached) These men and women of the era will never know what their compliments due to encourage my choice of fashion but I thank them and salute them!
Forever stuck in the 50's
The modern Lucy Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment