Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Happiness is a warm cat

Good morning from BeaverCleaverville!
Finally I find myself fever free! I woke to my 20lb Maine coon curled up and purring on my chest waiting to be scratched. While Oreo had always been a cuddly boy he had never been THIS cuddly. I enjoyed this fluffy warm ball of love while I woke up and thought about why anybody wouldn't want a cat.
Egyptians had worshiped cats as gods. Anyone who injured or killed a cat was themselves murdered. Cats were given places of honor on homes and treated royally in homes. Proof of this was shown I. The jeweled mummified remains of cats found in royal tombs in Egypt centuries later.
Siamese cats were considered royal creatures in Thailand and also treated like gods. (And in my humble opinion one of the most beautiful breeds)
Even the famous Russian royalty of the Romanovs (Anastasia's family) had many cats. So maybe there is something to owning a cat...seems to me the royals thought so. I personally own three very lucky black cats including my rare tuxedo Maine coon 
So if you would like to feel like royalty own a kitty! 
Forever stuck in the 50s
The modern Lucy Ricardo 





No comments:

Post a Comment