Friday, July 18, 2014

De cluttering

Good afternoon from BeaverCleaverville!
Did you ever notice (either if you can remember) or if you have seen photos from the 50s their houses were so neat and tidy and never cluttered? I often wonder how to go about doing that in my own life. It's a seemingly overwhelming task indeed to declutter your life, and for someone like me, that sees memories in everything, it is even harder. More and more though, things have begun to overwhelm instead of me enjoying them.
(Not my house!!!!!! Lol just a fear of what I might become some day lol)
So I've begun to come up with a philosophy that I think may just work. If I haven't put it to use in the past six months and it isn't of deep emotional value....chuck it or donate it. I am quite fond of donating things that others can use. As I have stated before I get quite a bit of my vintage clothing from second hand stores and to repay them for getting my clothing at a bargain I often donate my gently used modern clothing or household goods right back to the same stores I shop at. I personally use Salvation Army but I also recommend Goodwill or something new in our area is one called the ReStore. It supports Habitat for Humanity which is a really good charity and the store will actually come and pick up your furniture and household goods for you.
I hope this has gotten you thinking. I'm certainly off to start some of my projects!
Forever stuck in the 50s
The modern Lucy Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment