Tuesday, July 22, 2014

New project

Good afternoon from BeaverCleaverville!
Seeing as I am about to have my PICC line placed next week sometime I have been on the hunt for some covers for it. I found a few on etsy and eBay but I wasn't wowed. I decided that I would take it upon myself to make them. Here is the material I found:
They should go over the line and keep all the extra tubing in place....then again I have never sewn before so this should be interesting lol!
I'll keep you posted on my progress! 
First I measured my bicep and then added 1 1/2 inches to each side so I could have overlap for the Velcro. 
I decided it would be 15 1/2 by 5 inches. I also decided to also work with my snowflake material first that's way if I mess up I have my nicer material left over.
I began by checking he length and the width twice before cutting.

Then I began to hand sew the pieces, which us no easy task!
Hopefully I'll show you the finished product tomorrow!
Forever stuck in the 50s
The modern Lucy Ricardo 

No comments:

Post a Comment