Monday, July 28, 2014

New oddity

Good morning from BeaverCleaverville!
I'm sorry I haven't been around much this weekend but I've been pretty ill. I'm still in a holding pattern for my picc line and trying to eat food on my antibiotics neither are going well. So to take my mind off things the MIC took my out for a little oddities antique hunt and boy did he help me hit the jackpot. I can't even tell you how excited I am with the item we took home!!
Finally after talking about wanting one...forever...I finally have a beauchene skull! This particular articulation is done with two (naturally deceased) bobcat skulls. One is completely intact end and the other is broken down along its natural seams and put on wires to create the "exploded" look. 
I'm so thrilled as this has been one of my obsessions to find! We found a few other bizarre items this weekend that I will share over the week but I just had to show off this one!!! 
I know the simply aren't for everyone but to me it's art and beautiful!!
Forever stuck in the 50s,
The modern Lucy Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment