Monday, July 21, 2014

Health update

Good evening from BeaverCleaverville!
I apologize for not being around this weekend but my health took a bit of a turn this weekend. I've been extremely ill since Brimfield flea market weekend and been going downhill. My nausea and vertigo have made even the simplest tasks almost impossible.
Today was my second appointment with my Lyme doctor. It was determined that I had lost ALOT more weight than I had thought due to my insane nausea and my hair loss had increased. after much discussion (and mind she has tried me on several antibiotic treatments now) it has been decided that we will now be going the Iv antibiotic route.
Next week I'll have a PICC line inserted in my arm for up to three months. The Iv line will go directly to my heart and will be a feed for the antibiotics for my treatment. To say I am not nervous would be a lie, but to think I will have some relief from the excruciating stomach pain and nausea, at this point I am willing to try anything.
I will keep you up to date as the procedure date comes closer and show pictures when it is done.
On a happier note this weekend was spent celebrating my aunts birthday with a good old fashion barbecue. While my nausea did interfere in some ways it was wonderful to be around my family and have time to relax. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well.
Forever stuck in the 50s
The modern Lucy Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment