Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A little romance can go a long way.

Good morning from BeaverCleaverville!
I know I haven't been around for awhile and I apologize. My health has been up and down since the line insertion. I thought on my first day back I would discuss something near and dear to my heart : romance from the 50s and how to cross it over to today.
In the 50s romance was alive and well. Men took the time to grab flowers on the way home. To bring home a tiny gift for the wife. Wives appreciated their husbands and were excited when they arrived home. In some ways it was as if the newlywed vibe never left.
In the day and age of text messages, emails, face booking, tweeting, and whatever other electronic way of communicating that removes the personal touch romance seems to be a lost art. I'll share a story to close and make you think. I worked at a local retail store. A gentlemen came to my register to check out. In his hand were comfy pjs, slippers, chocolates, a girly movie, stuff to make dinner, flowers, and a card. I smiled at him and said "ah must be someone's birthday!" He replied simply "nah it's just Tuesday!" I stood there in shock and melted at the thought of this amazing gesture. So make sure those around you know how much you love them, not because it's a holiday...but just because "it's Tuesday".
Forever stuck in the 50s,
The modern Lucy Ricardo

No comments:

Post a Comment